Sunday 29 May 2011

To the Crafters of Wells Next The Sea

Last weekend I traveled up to Wells Next the Sea in Norfolk to take part in a craft fair. Because of the distance I decided to us it as an opportunity to have a short break and see the this  lovely area. On the Friday I dully booked into a hostel. Oh I can hear you philistines, a hostel yes against my better judgement I booked into one, because I had limited finances. The cheapest BB I could find was £70.00 a day. The hostel was £36.40 for two days, a bargain.  I would have to bunk with three other women, but hey at I figured I would only be sleeping there.
Wells Next the Sea Youth Hostel

My Bunk

 As it turned out the location was beautiful Wells next the Sea Youth Hostel is a beautiful converted church hall is set in a beautiful area with fantastic facilities. the manager was so accommodating, as I was very late in booking in, he arranged for the key to be placed in a convenient place for me. Having found the key I tiptoed up to my room to be met by the sound of snoring. On my bunk was fresh laundered linen and thankfully my bed was on the lower bunk. I fumbled in the dark in the dark trying to make my bed in an effort not to disturb the other two occupants.  In the morning I took a shower, in a very clean mold free wide shower room, this is much more than I can say for some hotels I have stayed in,  although I did not use the rest of the facilities the rooms were large and airy with a well equipped kitchen. I met the fourth member in the evening, the ladies were really friendly and I received an invitation to visit should I be in Wales.  You know something I would totally recommend staying in one of these hostel, so much so I have registered as a member, and as I have never been to Cornwall and Devon I will be using this as a means of accommodation.
What of my day at the craft fair, first I must tell you about the view that I was met with, just beautiful view in the first picture. The second shows the same view with the tide out. I would not like to be one of those caught in low tide, on a plus point, you can just walk to the beach.

I had seen some really lovely pictures of beach huts on the Wells website, so I decided to go in seach of them. I found some beautiful hisorical building like this amazing Granary which has been converted into luxury flats ,looking over the harbour .







  
After a slow relaxing walk I finally came across the huts and I couldn't resist taking my own pictures.

The walk back was jus as pleasurable, taking a stroll trhough the pinewoods
Oh the fair it was great, I met some really lovely people, and I will certainaly be going back there.

5 comments:

Erika Price said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Erika Price Jewellery

Margelaene said...

Thabk you very much for the story and for the photos! The place is really beautiful. I like the seashore. :)

tea time and roses said...

Lovely post, lovely photos! Sounds like you had a beautiful time. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Happy weekend to you:o)

Smiles♥

Beverly

Albergue Da Juventude said...

Cool places you have featured here... I would love to spend some vacation here. :)

lawyerdoll said...

I love hostels and guesthouses! Out of my international travels, I've almost always used them b/c they are cheap, and I'm not bothered bunking with strangers. They were just fellow wanderers I hadn't met yet.