Friday 25 January 2013

Two Tailor Made Skirts


There is something really special about having a skirt tailor made for you. It means you can choose the style that suits not only your body shape but also your personality.  You also get to choose the lenght and the colour, now you know you cannot get this with mass produced skirts. 

The brief was to make two skirts for a client who only wore trousers, and wanted to branch out into skirt. The client saw me the Cambridge Fair and fell in love with my skirts, and decided she wanted  one tailor made skirt, she eventually choose these two.













The first skirt was made in this beautiful silk and wool mix stripe fabric. The fabric was cut on the bias giving added interest to the final finish of the skirt. 
The lines were a nightmare to match up, but I am happy with the result.

 The skirt is a fit and flare design, so it fits on the hips and gently flares out just below the hip line. Because this is cut on the bias, the flare has a swishy finish at the hemline
I have made two of this skirt for myslef and they always get a warm reception, based on the style and the fabric I choose. I think I am due another one maybe for the summer instead of a winter skirt.
The second skirt is a riding skirt which I have already blogged about here  This was made in a beautiful forest green wool fabric, sorry my pictures does not do the fabric or the colour justice. 









I love this skirt, its full of drama and so romantic a really fun skirt.
This skirt was the original
 I would love to hear which skirt you like, the fit and flare or the riding skirt

4 comments:

Daffy's Dream said...

Beautiful work!

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Love the second one! It is so chic!

Daisy Dayz
In Pursuit of an Online Income

mispapelicos said...

Love all skirts, and this one is outstanding.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Unknown said...

for me it has to be the riding skirt. Expect it moves beautifully when worn. I also love culottes style long riding 'skirts' as seen in some westerns. Extremely flattering. The other skirt's nice too though, especially the way it's cut
Mecki :)